2022 California Climate Action Corps Funding Opportunity
|Published: February 24, 2022
Application Due Date: March 10, 2022
CFDA Number: 94.006
Contact Information: Funding@cv.ca.gov
In September 2020, California Volunteers launched the California Climate Action Corps, the country’s first statewide corps of its kind with the mission of empowering Californians to take meaningful action to protect their homes, health and communities against the harshest impacts of climate change. As a foundational element of this new initiative, through 2021, California Volunteers deployed more than 300 AmeriCorps fellows to support local climate action projects in front-line and low-income communities across the state. All Fellows received a living allowance and were eligible for an education award upon completion of their term.
The 2022 Climate Action Corps Fellowship Program Funding Opportunity provides state and federal funds for an intermediary organization to collaborate with California Volunteers to design, launch, and manage the Governor’s Initiative California Climate Action Corps. The selected intermediary organization will collaborate with California Volunteers to develop and deliver the next phase of the California Climate Action Corps: an annual deployment of approximately 195-250 AmeriCorps members split between full-time and part-time summer programming.
Nonprofit organizations and state and local government agencies are eligible to apply. All applicants must have active registration with the System for Award Management (SAM) at https://www.sam.gov/SAM/. Additionally, applicants must meet specific requirements to qualify for each of the priority initiatives:
- Experience with AmeriCorps program implementation as a statewide intermediary
- Experience working in the environmental field, preferably with a mix of community engagement, environmental education, and direct environmental project implementation experience
- Experience working with and for frontline communities and/or on environmental justice issues
- Strong history of recruitment and retention as an AmeriCorps program implementer
- Capacity to expand staff support (directly or through subcontracting) as needed.
The complete application is due to CV by 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Thursday, March 10, 2022.
The following documents are required to complete the 2022 California Climate Action Corps Grant Application:
- 2022 California Climate Action Corps Request for Application (RFA)
- 2022 California Climate Action Corps Application Instructions
For technical assistance with this application, please contact email@example.com.