FY 2019 AmeriCorps Targeted Funding Opportunity
|Published: January 15, 2020
Updated: January 30, 2020
Application Due Date: February 10, 2020
CFDA Number: 94.006
Contact Information: Funding@cv.ca.gov
CaliforniaVolunteers (CV), the State Service Commission for California, is now accepting applications for the FY 2019 AmeriCorps Targeted Funding Opportunity.
This Funding Opportunity awards AmeriCorps grants to eligible organizations that will engage AmeriCorps Fellows in intensive results-driven community service to help tackle critical state and local problems. To help realize Governor Newsom’s vision and commitment to build a California For All, the 2019-20 California State Budget included $20 million to support both the expansion of AmeriCorps service and an augment to the education award for full-time AmeriCorps Fellows completing a minimum of 1700 service hours. This opportunity provides substantial state and federal funds to support AmeriCorps programing with some cost-share from successful applicants and their community partners.
Nonprofit organizations and state and local government agencies are eligible to apply. All applicants must have active registration with the System for Award Management (SAM) at www.sam.gov/SAM/.
Program service activities to be carried out by AmeriCorps Fellows MUST address one the following focus areas:
- Economic Opportunity—improving economic opportunity for economically disadvantaged people, including the homeless population.
- Education—supporting and/or facilitating access to services and resources that contribute to improved educational outcomes for economically disadvantaged children; improved school readiness for economically disadvantaged children; and/or help economically disadvantaged students prepare for success in post-secondary educational institutions or post-secondary employment opportunities.
- Disaster Services—improving community resiliency and/or supporting positive climate change through mitigation activities, including carbon emission reduction, urban tree planting, reforestation services after floods or fires, food systems sustainability, lighting in disadvantaged communities, regenerative agriculture, and energy efficiency, etc.
- Healthy Futures—improving access to primary and preventative care for uninsured and/or low-income individuals and families and other populations with high health disparity, including providing healthcare enrollment and navigation support, connecting service recipients to affordable healthcare programs, providing health education, patient rights and responsibilities, and health care access and benefits; and/or strengthening families by providing family stabilizing services, building Family Protective Factors, and building the parenting knowledge, skills, and practices of mothers and fathers living in poverty.
Applications must be received by Monday, February 10, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time. Both the electronic submission and complete hardcopy application must be received by this deadline. The required electronic submission must be sent via email to Funding@cv.ca.gov. The hardcopy application can be mailed or hand-delivered to the following address:
2019 AmeriCorps Targeted Funding Opportunity
1400 10th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
The following documents are required to complete the grant application:
- Request for Applications
- Application Instructions
- Mandatory Supplemental Guidance
- National Performance Measures Instructions
- Application Forms
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions received by email, phone, or other sources will be collected and answered in a Frequently Asked Questions document posted below.
Technical Assistance Documents & Resources
Organizations interested in applying for an AmeriCorps grant are encouraged to visit the resources below: