Become a College Corps Fellow
Join thousands of students across the state in making a difference in your community while earning money to help pay for college.
Why Should I Join College Corps?
We are excited to invite students across the state to consider making community service a core part of their college experience and preparation for future careers.
College Corps Fellows will be placed in community-based organizations working in K-12 education, climate action, and food insecurity. As part of the service experience, Fellows will earn $10,000, receive ongoing training, and become part of a statewide cohort of young leaders across California. Undergraduate students at any partner campus of the #CaliforniansForAll College Corps are invited to apply via the links below.
Students who complete 450 hours of service with College Corps will receive the following benefits:
- $7,000 stipend (living allowance), plus a $3,000 Education Award;
- Academic credit (amount and type to be determined by each partner campus);
- A real-world job experience and skills to add to their resume;
- Access to training, networking, and professional development opportunities;
- A sense of pride and accomplishment in working toward a common purpose alongside young leaders from across the state.
Applications Open, Deadlines Vary by Campus
Click on your campus to learn more about the program, how and when to apply
Allan Hancock College
Cal Poly Humboldt
Cal Poly Pomona
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Cal State LA
College of the Desert
College of the Redwoods
College of the Siskiyous
Concordia University Irvine
Crafton Hills College
CSU Dominguez Hills
CSU East Bay
CSU Long Beach
CSU Monterey Bay
CSU San Bernardino
East Los Angeles College
Fresno City College
Glendale Community College
Irvine Valley College
Moreno Valley College
Rio Hondo College
Riverside City College
Sacramento City College
San Bernardino Valley College
San Francisco State
San José State
UC San Diego
University of San Diego
University of the Pacific
Woodland Community College
Don’t See Your School?
If your school is not participating in the #CaliforniansForAll College Corps, you can still answer the Governor’s call to service by helping your community. Start by joining our #CaliforniansForAll mailing list and we’ll keep you updated on volunteer opportunities in your selected area of interest.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To apply, students should meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Full-time, enrolled undergraduate student at a College Corps partner campus
- Has a high school diploma or its equivalent by August 2022
- Must currently be and remain in good academic standing
- Ability to commit to the program for the full academic year
- Must be a US Citizen, US National, legal permanent resident or AB 540 Eligible Dreamer (see below)
Eligible students should meet at least one of the following four criteria:
- Qualifies for a Federal Pell Grant
- Qualifies for State Cal Grant
- Qualifies for Middle Class Scholarship
- Needs to work part time and/or borrow student loans to meet educational costs
- Is an AB-540 Eligible Dreamer
- Is a Cal Grant B recipient (Note: this requirement may be waived at some participating campuses; please consult your institution for more details.)