California Volunteers is excited to share the 48 colleges and universities taking part in the #CaliforniansForAll College Corps
Allan Hancock College
Cal Poly Humboldt
Cal Poly Pomona
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Cal State LA
College of the Desert
College of the Redwoods
College of the Siskiyous
Concordia University Irvine
Crafton Hills College
CSU Dominguez Hills
CSU East Bay
CSU Long Beach
CSU Monterey Bay
CSU San Bernardino
East Los Angeles College
Fresno City College
Glendale Community College
Irvine Valley College
Moreno Valley College
Rio Hondo College
Riverside City College
Sacramento City College
San Bernardino Valley College
San Francisco State
San José State
UC San Diego
University of San Diego
University of the Pacific
Woodland Community College
Through a competitive application process, these institutions demonstrated:
- A commitment from top leadership to prioritize this as a campus-wide initiative.
- A strategy to collaborate with other participating campuses in their region.
- A thoughtful plan to link the service experience to academic outcomes, ensuring on-time degree completion.
- A compelling recruitment strategy with a particular focus on low income students and Dreamers.
Each of these partner campuses will have the following responsibilities:
- Recruit, select and support College Corps Fellows on their campus.
- Recruit, select and support a group of community host organizations for their students.
- Cultivate a meaningful cohort experience for College Corps Fellows on their campus.
- Participate in regular opportunities for networking and peer learning with other College Corps partner campuses across the state.
California Volunteers will support the partner campuses by:
- Conducting a statewide campaign to raise the visibility of the College Corps;
- Connecting campuses with potential community host partners in their region;
- Cultivating an esprit de corps for participating students from across the state;
- Engaging research partners to support campuses with data collection and evaluation.
College Corps Cohort 1 Timeline
|Final selection of college and university partners||January 14, 2022|
|Planning and Program Development Phase||February 2022 – July 2022|
|Student Recruitment Campaign||April - June 2022|
|Submission of College Corps Implementation Plan to CV||June 1, 2022|
|Selection Deadline for Cohort 1 Fellows||July 31, 2022|
|Orientation and Launch Events for Fellows||August/ September 2022|
|Cohort 1 Service Year (Implementation)||August 2022 – July 2023|
|College Corps Recognition Events for Fellows||April/May 2023|
|Deadline for Cohort 1 Fellows to Complete Service Hours||July 31, 2023|
Colleges and universities from every region across the state are participating. College Corps is encouraging intersegmental collaboration at the regional level in order to:
- Coordinate Fellow placements with community host organizations in the region.
- Bring together students from different institutions to build a regional esprit de corps.
- Promote peer learning and exchange across the partner campuses.