CaliforniaVolunteers Annual AmeriCorps Conference
AmeriCorps Conference is an annual meeting of all AmeriCorps State grantees in the California Volunteers (CV) portfolio and offers time for program staff to re-energize, refocus, and reconnect on why National Service Matters. We seek to ensure that participants:
- Clearly understand CNCS requirements from a programmatic, fiscal, member management, and grant administration perspective.
- Have an opportunity to connect with CV staff to address questions and share challenges & successes.
- Have an opportunity to connect and collaborate with their peers in national service.
- Are energized by the impact of national service throughout California and return to their programs inspired and motivated.
Boot Camp is for planning grants, new programs and new staff of existing programs to gain basic knowledge about AmeriCorps, member management, grant management, and fiscal compliance. Boot Camps are offered several times a year, including one adjacent to the annual conference so participants can attend both.
2019 Boot Camp
AmeriCorps is a wonderful, but complex grant, combining both national service members (people) and funding (federal dollars) to allow strong program development. It requires careful planning, awareness of federal requirements, and devoted staffing & partners to implement well. California Volunteers wants to work with you to ensure a successful start!
In addition to the presentations and resources below, please visit our Managing Your AmeriCorps Program page (use Program Resources tab above or click here)
As always, if you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your Program Officer.
Boot Camp Day 1:
This includes the entire day’s training in one presentation! We covered Introduction to AmeriCorps, the Program Year Overview, Your Program Design, Recruitment and Onboarding and Member Management.
We also covered National Service Criminal History Checks which can be found both within the full presentation above and as a stand-alone with resources here.
Boot Camp Day 2:
Day two topics included Data Collection & Progress Reporting, Fiscal Management, Managing Partners, and Using eGrants for Member Management.
2019 AmeriCorps Conference
Full Conference Presentation
Expanding Service in California – Karen Baker
- Merit – Tracking & Managing Member Training
- Ready to Replicate! – Refining Your Program Model
- The Magic of Managing Partner Sites
Better Together 2.0