2023 Public Health AmeriCorps State Funding Opportunity
Published: October 12, 2022
Application Due Date: Friday, November 18, 2022
CFDA Number: 94.006
Contact Information: Funding@cv.ca.gov
The COVID-19 pandemic has underscored the urgent need to further enhance public health resources across the country. This effort starts with investing in a future workforce to help local communities respond to and recover from COVID-19. Public Health AmeriCorps will invest $400 million, over five years, from the American Rescue Plan Act workforce funding that will enable the recruitment, training, and development of a new generation of public health leaders who are ready to respond to the public health needs of the nation by providing public health service in communities.
Public Health AmeriCorps has two main goals:
- Help meet public health needs of local communities by providing needed capacity and support in state and local public health settings and advancing more equitable health outcomes for communities who are currently or historically underserved.
- Provide pathways to good, quality public health-related careers by providing exposure through onsite experience, training, and more, with a focus on recruiting AmeriCorps members who reflect the communities in which they will serve.
AmeriCorps members will serve primarily in state, local, Tribal, and territorial public health departments or in service to public health departments. It is strongly recommended that AmeriCorps members serve in at least teams of two, which provides economies of scale and aids in retention of members.
Nonprofit organizations and state and local government agencies are eligible to apply. All applicants must have active registration with the System for Award Management (SAM) at https://www.sam.gov/SAM/.
AmeriCorps’ priorities for this funding opportunity are:
- Efforts to help local communities respond to and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. Applicants may propose programming to aid communities in their efforts to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, including public health challenges that have been exacerbated by the pandemic, such as mental health and substance abuse.
- Programs creating pathways to good-quality public health-related careers through onsite experience and training (including pre-apprenticeship or registered apprenticeship programs, work experience and job training programs, and other workforce training and development programs).
- Organizations leading service in communities with concentrated poverty, rural communities, tribal communities, and those organizations serving historically underrepresented and underserved individuals, including but not limited to communities of color, immigrants and refugees, people with disabilities, people who identify as part of the LGBTQIA+ community, people with arrest and/or conviction records, and religious minorities.
The deadline for applications to the 2023 Public Health AmeriCorps State Funding Opportunity is Friday, November 18, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time. All application components must be received by that deadline. See Application Instructions for submission guidelines.
The following documents are required to complete the 2022 AmeriCorps State Grant Application:
- Proposed Site Locations List
- California Performance Measurement Worksheet
- Labor Organization Certification Form
- Operational and Financial Management Survey
- AmeriCorps Organizational Self Assessment
- Evaluation Plan Template
- STD204 Payee Data Form
- AmeriCorps Budget Worksheet
- Request for Alternative Match Schedule
- New Applicant Certification
Additional Documents (to be prepared by applicant)
- Address List for Board of Directors
- Audited Financial Statements
- Schedule of Federal Expenditures
- Single Audit (if required)
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions received by email or in any technical assistance opportunities will be collected and answered on a weekly Frequently Asked Questions document posted below.
Technical Assistance Opportunities