California Volunteers is now accepting applications for the California Climate Action Corps Summer Fellowship Funding Opportunity. This funding will support grants to one or more implementing partner who will collaborate with California Volunteers to design and then manage the deployment of up to 236 part time AmeriCorps members for a Climate Action “Summer of Service.” This opportunity provides state and federal funds for intermediary organization to design, launch, and manage a program for AmeriCorps members to work with community partners in low-income communities to act as “Climate Organizers” facilitating climate action project implementation (especially through volunteer activities) and community education around one or more climate action focus areas.
Nonprofit organizations and state and local government agencies that meet the following requirements are eligible to apply:
- Experience with AmeriCorps program implementation as a statewide intermediary.
- Experience working in the environmental field, preferably with a mix of environmental education, community engagement, and direct environmental project implementation experience.
- Experience working with and for frontline communities and/or on environmental justice issues.
- Strong history of recruitment and retention as an AmeriCorps program implementer
- Capacity to staff up as needed for a limited term program.
All applicants must have active registration with the System for Award Management (SAM) at https://www.sam.gov/SAM/.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, February 10, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time. All application components must be received by that deadline. See Application Instructions for submission guidelines.
The following documents are required to complete the application: